Feature Requests » death chest lasts forever

Page 1 of 1
Emperiod Player
Posted Jan 03 2017, 08:34 PM

Why only one minute, it's on a 1 minute timer completley indeterimined on whether or not the chunk is even loaded.

Why not just have it stay in it's chest? If they don't revive there'd be treasure on the map for players to find, which would also make it dangerous to open random treasure chests. Players who revive and go back to their items can do so legitmatley and pvpers dont need to dump an entire inv of potions to collect loot.

klaasjan222 Player
Posted Jan 04 2017, 12:32 AM

sounds intresting. but the fact that the player who died can get their items back whenever they want might be to OP. like if you die a lava pool the chest will stay there and you wouldn't lose your items. But with the current system you would after sometime. and i think the dead chests was added so player could quickly look through the stuff off a fallen teammate or a opponent. and not realy to safe all items on death. but it might be a good idea indeed. 

ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jan 04 2017, 04:28 AM

Death chests were originally created to prevent campfire players from stealing loot from just-murdered people. Otherwise your loot would simply drop on the ground and get picked up or despawned accordingly.

klaasjan222 Player
Posted Jan 04 2017, 03:39 PM

thats a clever thing to do

ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jan 04 2017, 11:18 PM

gmx was a clever guy.

scottj99 Player
Posted Jan 07 2017, 10:02 AM

Remind me how it works now.  Is assume it is Campfire that does this since you said it was from gmx.  I read the wiki on Campfire, but it doesn't explain how deaths turn your items into a chest.

ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jan 07 2017, 09:00 PM

It's called DeathChests. It's part of Hardcore. Campfire is just the protection thing. When you die two chests appear and your stuff goes in the chests. After 60 seconds the chests break and your stuff falls on the ground.

Emperiod Player
Posted Jan 13 2017, 05:33 PM

Has there been any more consideration in extending the timer?

ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jan 13 2017, 09:13 PM

I don't think so, no.

Page 1 of 1