Server Updates » Donations, and enchanting!

Page 1 of 1
gmxgeek Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 03:10 AM
I'm back in action :twisted::twisted::twisted:

So here's an update for you guys. First of all, donations should be back online and functioning properly. I've removed some of the information on the page, since I don't feel like rewriting the entire page when the while site is going to be redone soon, but you can donate and redeem extra lives as you normally would. So for all of you who died already, you can now jump back into the action!

Second, for those of you who missed the /ch command in HeroChat, it is now working again, so you can use it to quickly switch channels. The IRCBot should be fully functional now as well, both in the "/ch IRC" channel, and using the shortcut "/IRC text".

Finally, I decided to make some changes to how enchanting works, in response to a decent amount of players concerns about it. They are subtle changes, but we'll see how they play out on gameplay. First of all, you can now unenchant items! To do so, place an enchanted item in an enchanting table, and rightclick on it. This will instantly remove the enchantment, so try not to rightclick if you don't want to remove the enchantment. You can then immediately re-enchant the item, if you have enough levels. You don't get the levels you spent back when you unenchant an item.

Second, you now have some better chances to get better gear from enchanting! When ever you enchant an item, there is a 5% chance that the enchantment level will be bumped to the next level up ( up to the max ). This applies to all enchantments, and is calculated after Minecraft decides what enchant it wants you to have.

Third, on top of the level bump, there is a 20% for certain items to be replaced with better items. Smite and Bane can be replaced with Sharp, and Pro-Explosions and Pro-Projectile can be replaced with General Pro.

These buffs are calculated separately, so you can get both buffs in a single enchant, but it is rare.

There is now a 0.003% chance of getting a Sharp 4 sword at level 14! ( 0.3% chance of getting a level 3 bane, 5% chance of a bump to level 4, and 20% chance to bump to sharp. )

The chances are adjustable, so we might be tweaking them as time goes by.

Enjoy!
TheSmallBones Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 04:59 AM
Great updates! Keep up the good work Gmx! :)
FoolsPower Administrator
Posted Sep 05 2012, 06:22 AM
Have my children gmx.
Joshki77 Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 06:29 AM
Amaaaaaaaaaazing!
InsaneAvenger Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 09:02 AM
I love you.
RubblePile Administrator
Posted Sep 05 2012, 10:00 AM | Edited 2 times, last by RubblePile
This is working great. I love it!

Does this mean that Sharp 5 is now possible on diamond items? (And power 5 on bows too?)
xMopx Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 10:01 AM
Do we really need to be messing with vanilla mechanics...
Lewbot Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 10:03 AM
cliffnerd5 Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:

I look at it more as keeping the mechanics of the server static. We returned enchanting to where it was for the last what? 4+ months?
Mooch_ Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 11:27 AM
This should change things up a bit! ;] Nice work, keep it coming, gmxgeek.
robpm88 Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 01:30 PM
I'm erect
Driftinator Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 01:49 PM
Awesome! Makes it alot easier for us! Thanks alot, and welcome back, gmx :)
Edmanchamp Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 03:27 PM
Now EVERYONE will be OP :D
spellcasters Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 04:22 PM
yes please
RGamer35 Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 06:59 PM
maiks me smiel :razz:
gmxgeek Player
Posted Sep 05 2012, 08:49 PM | Edited 1 time, last by gmxgeek

Quote:

This is working great. I love it!

Does this mean that Sharp 5 is now possible on diamond items? (And power 5 on bows too?)

No, the level bump is capped at the max level for the item, so sharp 4 won't be bumped to sharp 5, etc.

Edit:

Quote:

It's not a huge change, it just messes with the probabilities a bit. It's not like I completely removed the shitty enchants. It is still VERY possible to get shit enchants. Also, it used to be possible to disenchant things in vanilla anyway, so I just restored that functionality.

By the same token, cave spider poison was broken in SMP for months, but I added it back in because I felt that it was something that was better for the server. You used to be able to disenchant things, and I feel that was a useful and non-abusive feature, so I added it back in.

Finally, if it turns out that all this is bending the power status quo too much, or whatever, then it is very easy to tweak or remove. I intentionally left the odds very low for the enchant modifications so it wouldn't affect gameplay much.
bennett_clan Player
Posted Sep 07 2012, 07:57 AM | Edited 1 time, last by bennett_clan
i agree with XmopX, i like hcsmp most because of it's vanilla gameplay
but it's not me who decides so i might as well make use of the changes :P

Edit:
oops i just read what you already said gmx, sorry, ignore the above XD
foxitude Player
Posted Sep 08 2012, 09:23 PM
Any chance of a bane5 going to a sharp5? Because I have seen the odd sharp 5 on the server.
I_b_god Player
Posted Sep 08 2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Any chance of a bane5 going to a sharp5? Because I have seen the odd sharp 5 on the server.

AND YOU STOLE IT OFF ME
foxitude Player
Posted Sep 09 2012, 12:03 AM
Quit your whining, I thought gmx had made a mistake, but then I realised there may be more than one, so there is no point taking it until resolved.
gmxgeek Player
Posted Sep 09 2012, 12:56 PM
There shouldn't be, but I'll run some more tests later today.

Admins: You can see if people have a specific item using a command from openinv iirc. Confiscate any sharp 5 swords, and replace them with sharp 4.

Players: Please report to an admin if you receive a sharp 5 sword so it may be replaced. Failure to report may result in punishment as an abuse of an exploit.
Page 1 of 1