Feature Requests » Ender Pearl Cooldown ONLY when PvP flagged

Page 1 of 1
DaddyTurkey Player
Posted May 18 2017, 01:37 AM
This is probably easier to suggest than it is to implement, but since the ender pearl timeout is one of the very few (the only?) Gameplay modification from vanilla, and because the only reason for it is to make PvP more interesting / balanced... Seems like it should not modify normal vanilla activities like getting around end cities or evading mobs. My suggestion is to, if possible, get the Cooldown to apply to combat flagged players only. I'm guessing that if the plugin had a simple setting to do this, we'd already be doing it, so it might require custom code... Still, this is the way it should work if we're going to keep the Pearl Cooldown.
ocelotpotpie Player
Posted May 18 2017, 06:01 PM

Just one thing - it is not only for PvP.

But, since someone evading or pursuing may not be CombatTagged, or may have their tag expire, linking it to only CT'd players would not work for the PvP aspects of the pearl cooldown.

DaddyTurkey Player
Posted Jun 02 2017, 06:33 AM

How about only when within 500m of another player? (or some number big enough that using it to track players wouldn't be practical).

I understand the impact to fleeing, but it's really immersion-breakingly non-vanilla in a way that nothing else on the server that I've noticed really is ... for most of the rules and patches, the direction seems to be in the direction of more play-the-game and more vanilla-experience. But the fact that I can be completely alone, under a heavy shulker assault in the End, and have plenty of eyes that I can use to get to the ground instead of floating off and dying in the void like a noob, but ... oh wait, "3.5 seconds to cool down" ... it feels unpleasantly un-vanilla in a way that I had the impression most of the server's direction was trying to avoid.

cbarber Player
Posted Jun 02 2017, 01:58 PM

So you're under a shulker assault but want to be able to spam pearls to live? I think if I was going to implement this it would be:

1) Pearl cooldown when combat tagged.

2) Any hostile mob interaction combat tags you.

I think once a player is no longer combat tagged, the fleeing is irrelevant since they can just log.

Page 1 of 1