General Announcements » ENTER THE JULY 2019 SPAWN CONTEST AND WIN!

Page 1 of 1
Fairlane57 Administrator
Posted Jun 03 2019, 04:51 AM

July is just around the corner and it's time, once again, for a new map! The new map will begin July 1, 2019 and we've started our design competition for the new spawn.

Just like in the past, submit your spawn designs as a file download in a WorldEdit schematic or the world save file, along with some images of the spawn.

We would like submissions in Ver 1.13.x. We also would like your Nether Spawn submissions along with the overworld! They can be submitted separately. 

We'll accept submissions until June 26th at 23:59 GMT (7:59pm Eastern daylight time), and then we'll put all entries to a community vote.

Winner of the overworld spawn gets two free revives and 1 "god apple". The runner up gets one free revive! Winner of the nether spawn gets 1 free revive (no runner up)! This means one winner could potentially win 3 free revives.

Here are some guidelines for making the spawn:

Total overworld spawn area is 200x200 - your build should fit within this but does not have to fill the whole area.
Total Nether spawn area is 100x100 (yes we would like you to include a nether spawn)
Lots of redstone is bad.
Be sure to include nether portal(s) inside spawn
No enderchests, anvils, enchanting tables, etc.
Paths or symmetry with exits in the four cardinal directions is ideal.
Admins will need to add signs along the paths for new players - take this into account!

If your spawn doesn't win this map, you can always submit it for another! If we use your spawn submission on a different map you will receive two free revives.

Also remember that some adjustments may need to be made by admins if your spawn is accepted. By submitting your designs you are giving us permission to modify them as needed and use them in future maps or builds as we see fit.

Good luck!
Your Admin Team

FinalHeaven88 Player
Posted Jun 11 2019, 09:28 PM

I have an overworld map that's almost ready to submit, how do I go about doing that? Do I do it here?

Also not exactly sure which file to use, but I can see when I click "edit" on the world it has the option to show open world folder...I'm assuming it's something in there? I haven't messed with the technical side of minecraft/forums before, so any help is appreciated. I've got images to accompany it, but I'll wait till I can do it all at once.

nuageur Player
Posted Jun 12 2019, 09:06 AM

Wind +R  , type % Appdata% , folder .minecraft , saves

FinalHeaven88 Player
Posted Jun 12 2019, 07:39 PM

Quote from nuageur:

Wind +R  , type % Appdata% , folder .minecraft , saves

I know how to get there, but do I have to upload the whole folder somewhere? Or just a file in that folder?

nuageur Player
Posted Jun 13 2019, 08:01 AM

world save file

Posted Jun 13 2019, 07:42 PM

My %appdata% points to /dev/null.

:D

hawtre Administrator
Posted Jun 16 2019, 06:04 PM

We don't have a file upload service but if you find a place to upload you can post a link here or create a thread in the private discussion forum and post it there

Kallahar2 Player
Posted Jun 20 2019, 10:09 PM

My Submission for both spawns.

Overworld:

• Cardinal directions both on the surface and underground
  • Ease of access out through multiple paths
  • HCSMP logo's for branding

Nether:

• Distinctive area, very simple
  • Easy to access from multiple levels
  • Remove all the red wool walls and let the lava flow in naturally.

https://kallahar.com/temp/20190701_HCSMP_Kallahar2.zip

nuageur Player
Posted Jun 26 2019, 05:32 PM

No one else, so I'm voting for Kallahar2

FinalHeaven88 Player
Posted Jun 26 2019, 08:52 PM | Edited 5 times, last by FinalHeaven88

My submissions to the contest, Pool Party and Chimeraghast:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mXryhRKXQt2GTZw8sZLWeNiaNl4KsG_I

It's about to be July...which means...POOL PARTY!!!

We've got everything you need here, pool (duh) , waterside chairs:

Diving boards...restrooms:
But this is HARDCORE...so why not have some fun and climb up the tower and JUMP off of it, because why not? Don't worry, the slime will bounce you into the water (unless you miss...)There are two levels: purple and red. Purple is for those who want just a little bounce:
But red is for those who want a bigger bounce:

Also, don't forget to check out our VIP red room with lava hot tub (Elytra required for access):

(Dont worry...it burns good here at the spawn!)
But check out whats under the pool....hold your breath!

Its an underwater paradise! If you make it here, you can enjoy the peacefulness of underwater floating...WITHOUT fear of drowning! Thanks to our Conduit v.1.13!

Don't mind the portals outside, they don't work! *phone rings*...Ummm...just one second!
"What do you mean the portals opened up...NOW? Umm...right" *click*

Well, whatever you do, DON'T go in the portal! *phone rings again*...

"What do you mean someone went through the portal?!?!? Get it on the cameras!"

WHAT IN THE BLAZES IS THAT? ...what, you mean its a Chimeraghast, NOT a blaze?....Whatever. Just find the guy that went in there, switch cameras!

Oh my God it's hideous...ummm...new camera!!
Aww...actually its kinda cute...um..*cough* we have to find that guy! *phone rings*...
What do you mean NEVERMIND? There's someone out there, we need to find him! Look at the camera? Oh, ok:

OK...nevermind it is....*ahem*

Well anyway, vote for this map and enjoy an awesome HCSMP swim party thatll last SIX WHOLE MONTHS!...just..don't go in the portal and end up like THAT guy.

You know you want to...

FinalHeaven88 Player
Posted Jun 28 2019, 01:03 AM

I'll obviously vote for mine :-P (pool/chimerageist)

nuageur Player
Posted Jun 28 2019, 02:50 PM

I change my vote for FinalHeaven88 because there is more work.

nuageur Player
Posted Jun 30 2019, 01:37 PM

will it be good for tomorrow's map?

nuageur Player
Posted Jul 01 2019, 10:27 AM | Edited 2 times, last by nuageur

There will be no new map, so I cancel my vote. Thank you for the lost time ........

Non_Prophet Player
Posted 3 days ago
No new map?
hawtre Administrator
Posted 3 days ago

We've decided to delay until Aug 1st, with the hopes that 1.14 will be stable enough to switch to. Look here for more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/HardcoreSMP/comments/c25kym/map_reset_due_aug_1st_hoping_for_a_stable_114/

FinalHeaven88 Player
Posted 2 days ago

Thanks for locking the newer post so I wasnt confused on as to whether my submission was still valid or not :-D

I had a separate idea if 1.14 was going to be a go, but I don't have time to build it >.< too much adulting to be done between now and then...so my 1.13 submission will have to do. Also appreciate the update in this thread as well!

Page 1 of 1