Server Updates » FairSpawn and CombatTag now working again

Page 1 of 1
JoeltheMole Player
Posted Jan 28 2013, 12:36 PM
Ocelotpotpie has managed to fix the bugs with FairSpawn and CombatTag so once again if you get hit by someone you cannot log out or run into spawn for safety.

Stay safe kids!
Moodh Administrator
Posted Jan 28 2013, 12:37 PM
ocelotpotpie for jesus 2013
spellcasters Player
Posted Jan 28 2013, 03:38 PM | Edited 1 time, last by spellcasters
how long is combat tag?
do splash potions work in spawn for taged players now?
JoeltheMole Player
Posted Jan 28 2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:

how long is combat tag?

I assume whatever it was before.
If they didn't work before then they still don't.
spellcasters Player
Posted Jan 28 2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

how long is combat tag?

I assume whatever it was before.
If they didn't work before then they still don't.
I would highly recommend spawn tag be a whole minute,30 seconds is easy to lose by pearling away.
djmixerbox Player
Posted Jan 28 2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:

I would highly recommend spawn tag be a whole minute,30 seconds is easy to lose by pearling away.

Idk, I'm fine with 30 seconds. I'd rather have a 30 second timer than a minute long timer anyways.
cliffnerd5 Player
Posted Jan 28 2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Idk, I'm fine with 30 seconds. I'd rather have a 30 second timer than a minute long timer anyways.

60 or 90s is a good value IMO. 30s is incredibly easy to get out of.
JoeltheMole Player
Posted Jan 28 2013, 07:11 PM | Edited 2 times, last by JoeltheMole
30 seconds defeats the point of the plugin. We have combat tag to stop people from logging in fights but that's incredibly easy to do if you can pearl away a few times and then log out safely.
DarkestRye Player
Posted Jan 28 2013, 08:59 PM
First off, thank you so much, ocelotpotpie, for fixing this! Secondly, I think that the combat tagging period should be extended to at least five minutes long.

Although at first this may seem extreme, this encourages long term planning (not involving logging out) and does not make the attacker feel that they should constantly attack their victim regardless of whether it is strategic combat-wise to do so.

Also, if you're running from a fight and you can't wait five minutes then you probably deserve to die anyway. Is five minutes really such a long time to wait if your life is on the line? After all, the point of pvp tagging is so that logging out is not a tactic of combat and punishes those that attempt to do so, in which case the time should be extended to much longer than an average delay between two hits.
Posted Jan 29 2013, 04:07 AM
Yeah majority of the time people have been able to run from any problems even when being chased by 5-6 people. A few enderpearls is not a big sacrifice to make, considering most people that are on borders are end game geared regardless. IMO, The point of combat tag is made less effective if people can avoid its trouble so easily.
ApacheBlitz Player
Posted Feb 05 2013, 12:56 AM
Niceee!
Page 1 of 1