Events » HCSMP Reverie this Sunday ( Oct 21 )

1  2  > Last »
Page 1 of 2
gmxgeek Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 03:36 PM | Edited 3 times, last by Savoie
HCSMP is having a special event for our one year anniversary! This Sunday we'll be hosting an event to celebrate one year of hardcore multiplayer Minecraft action, and where it all began. We'll be doing something a little bit different this time, since the event will be going on all day!

Here's a breakdown of the event.

Starting at midnight ( 12:01 am ) on Sunday, a special server instance will be launched at reverie.hcsmp.com. This will be running Minecraft version 1.8.1 and will be running the same seed as we did last year in October. Hardcore will be enabled, and the server will run all day until midnight on Monday.

Though-out the day Sav will be holding several in-game mini-events ( times to be determined and posted later in the week ). Participation in these events will be optional, but the winners of each event will receive a special prize, including some cash and an official HCSMP t-shirt! Keep in mind that hardcore will still be enabled during these events, so if you die you'll be out for the rest of the day.

All participants will receive a Trophy for the website displaying your involvement, and everyone who survives until the end of the day will get a special Trophy as well.

Here's the mini-games we have lined up:
* Hardcore Spleef
* Single round Capture the Flag
* Scavenger Hunt
* Races
* and more!

Again, we'll be releasing the times for each event as we get closer to this weekend.

Anyone can join, so feel free to invite your friends for a day of fun, even if they are dead or don't play HCSMP.
Savoie Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 03:40 PM | Edited 4 times, last by Savoie
But admins, how do I get 1.8.1 legally?
Use this client ! Hit options, JAR Downloader, Download 1.8.1. Then just switch to it on the login screen. I'm sure there are other ways, but this is probably the easiest.

Will this be the same map?
No, unfortunately that is long gone.

But I need x mod!
Optifine
Rei's Minimap - WARNING: Untested, possibly unofficial. handle with care
If you need other mods ask me :D
spellcasters Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 03:42 PM | Edited 1 time, last by spellcasters
but admins how do i get it ilegally?

Edit:
and why is this not on a saturday?
Savoie Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 03:50 PM
Neither me nor gmx will be around on saturday
mcfluffykins Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 03:50 PM
Can we get the website working first before we decide to do events like these?
djmixerbox Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 04:44 PM
Official hcsmp tshirt? How long have we had those for?
Savoie Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 04:49 PM
they're new. here's what they look like (maybe)

djmixerbox Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 05:16 PM
That's sick. If they're good quality I'm gonna wear mine with pride everywhere.
dragonbeamz3 Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 05:38 PM
One thing I'm wondering is, how many players are there who have played in every single month? I have played every single month since the server was created a year ago (some months more than others) and I'm wondering how many others have done the same.
Lewbot Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 05:56 PM
I have! :grin:
Posted Oct 15 2012, 06:39 PM
Can I be in the advert for the T-Shirt with an over-the-top grin on my face?

I'll do it for free! (A free T-Shirt that is)
Adoxographic Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 07:02 PM
...women's t-shirts ;_;? or hoodies man hoodies
Resolutions Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 07:04 PM
This'll be awesome :D. I'll definitely be there for some of it.
Savoie Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 07:29 PM
We can definitely do woman's sizes too! And possibly hoodies depending on price.
hostimentum Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 07:39 PM
Advertise this on r/minecraft. Have a link to the jar in a post with a reminder about mechanics and an explanation. Also include a link to the original post about this server. Please.
Posted Oct 15 2012, 09:24 PM | Edited 1 time, last by CaptainCrimson
Just a thought, unless the everyone knows the server will be running 1.8, do you guys not think it might hurt the amount of players we have participating?
mcfluffykins Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 09:35 PM
gmx For the event thing: How about we render the map in 1.8 and keep the server updated. That would mean more players would likely to show up. And for the events, wouldn't they kill off the population since each event would likely kill many people. I propose hardcore would be off and instead we have a point systems.

Ex: First Place: 10 points Second Place: 8 Points Third Place: 6 Points and so on. The scores would be tallied up in the end, or a custom plugin that can't be hard to write. The plugin could just be like /point add [name] [round score] . These are just ideas I'm throwing off the top of my head. If anyone else has ideas to branch off please comment your opinions.
Scatcycle Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 10:17 PM | Edited 1 time, last by Scatcycle
Remember to make it perma night like the old days.
gmxgeek Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:

gmx For the event thing: How about we render the map in 1.8 and keep the server updated. That would mean more players would likely to show up. And for the events, wouldn't they kill off the population since each event would likely kill many people. I propose hardcore would be off and instead we have a point systems.

Ex: First Place: 10 points Second Place: 8 Points Third Place: 6 Points and so on. The scores would be tallied up in the end, or a custom plugin that can't be hard to write. The plugin could just be like /point add [name] [round score] . These are just ideas I'm throwing off the top of my head. If anyone else has ideas to branch off please comment your opinions.

Half of the entire point of the event is to run 1.8...

The original idea behind having hardcore on during the events was that you could do the event for a chance to win a prize, or play it safe and not participate in order to keep playing, but I can see the argument for disabling hardcore for those participating in the event and using a point model instead.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?
jmacadhd11 Player
Posted Oct 15 2012, 11:41 PM
If I win any cash, go ahead and give it to child's play. I'm not going to pretend like I need it, not trying to sound snotty or anything. Also, if I win the t-shirt, since I would probably never wear it, I will select someone to give it to. Not that I'm expecting to win anything, however.
TheSmallBones Player
Posted Oct 16 2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:

they're new. here's what they look like (maybe)

hey i can sell some tshirts and wire the money to gmx somehow?
djmixerbox Player
Posted Oct 16 2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:

The original idea behind having hardcore on during the events was that you could do the event for a chance to win a prize, or play it safe and not participate in order to keep playing, but I can see the argument for disabling hardcore for those participating in the event and using a point model instead.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

There has to be some sort of punishment/reward for playing the games. I think that hardcore should be left on during the games, otherwise there is no punishment to playing the game. However, there is also punishment by not playing. When you win, you are awarded different amounts of points. If you die you get nothing. The only way to win prizes is to have points.

EX. 1 - Fluffy, kibbles, and scatcycle are all standing around. Kibbles and scat decide to play spleef, while fluffy abstains. Kibbles wins, and scat dies, so Kibbles gets ten points while scat gets nothing and is banned. Even though fluffy is still alive, kibbles is the only one with points because he took the risk and got the award for winning, so he wins all the prizes while fluffy gets nothing.

Just an idea expanding off of what fluffy said.
DOL4N Player
Posted Oct 16 2012, 01:16 AM
Wait, you guys HONESTLY expect people to play at midnight, on a SUNDAY?! Is there some sort of holiday I'm forgetting about?!?!
rohan2116 Player
Posted Oct 16 2012, 01:21 AM
HELL YEAH! I'm boss at Spleef. Also, I've played every map since November 6th.
And I'll except any money I can get, through paypal I presume?
Also also, will there be different colored shirts, like black?
Savoie Player
Posted Oct 16 2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:

Wait, you guys HONESTLY expect people to play at midnight, on a SUNDAY?! Is there some sort of holiday I'm forgetting about?!?!

It's all day long.

Quote:

HELL YEAH! I'm boss at Spleef. Also, I've played every map since November 6th.
And I'll except any money I can get, through paypal I presume?
Also also, will there be different colored shirts, like black?

We can see what's possible yeah
1  2  > Last »
Page 1 of 2