Feature Requests » Nerf of rework of bounties

Page 1 of 1
Yoruigan Player
Posted Jan 23 2018, 02:38 PM

Hi, i'm making this topic in order to have changes on the bounty hunter plugin

Currently my bounty is 491 and each of my positions revealed by the plugin are no more than 200 blocs of my real position.

We need real changes on this plugin, at least the position should only update when someone sees us or i don't know, but beeing spotted when you are at y = 4 and when the other is y= 60 or something is really annoying.

I hope you'll understand and apply some changes.

klaasjan222 Player
Posted Jan 23 2018, 03:34 PM

I don't think there should be any changes to the plugin.

A bounty of 491 diamonds is a lot and takes a while to get and should imo be kinda acurate at giving away someones coords.As finding players is already realy hard without a bounty and it still is kinda hard with a bounty. Also keep in mind that 200x200x256 is still a realy huge area to find someone. ( there have been many players who had a huge bounty and didn't et killed )

The fact that you get spotted while you are in your base / stripmine by someone that is above ground is annoying, there is no doubt about that. But i think the reason why the bounty plugin is there is to anoy players who like to kill / grief / be a dick . So i don't see any reason why it shouldn't be how it is atm. 

+ channing the code of the plugin would probably take a lot of time/work.

Yoruigan Player
Posted Jan 23 2018, 06:03 PM

500 diams to find a player or a base is nothing at all, many of us have lot of diamonds, more than 500.

and its not 200x200x256 but more like 200x200x60 which is not the same at all

Something needs to be done

klaasjan222 Player
Posted Jan 23 2018, 08:47 PM

256 is the max build limit, so you could be hiding your base there to. which means it's an area of 200x200x256

Yoruigan Player
Posted Jan 23 2018, 08:52 PM

We can't hide a base in the sky...

ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jan 23 2018, 11:13 PM

The bounty only updates when someone passes near you. If you could somehow teleport off by yourself to 20,000 blocks away from everyone then your position would not update.

The bounty exists as a sort of "balancer". You have murdered people, so you get a bounty. You keep doing things players don't like, so they add a bounty.

Is it better to have someone doing something with no possibility of catching them?

I'm always open to discussions about plugins, especially BH. I think there's potential room for change. But it's important to consider all the angles involved when thinking about potential changes. 500 diamonds is a LOT for most people.

javonjw Player
Posted Jan 24 2018, 02:16 AM

Well its your fault your bounty is so high Yoruigan you build a base less then 200 blocks away from spawn act like you are noobs friends soon as there pvp timer is off you kill them minutes later i wish if you keep it up and your bounty gets higher lets say maybe 1000 diamonds if you are pinged it should show your location 25 to 50 blocks 

Yoruigan Player
Posted Jan 24 2018, 07:24 PM

In fact they don't need to be really "near", the bounty should update only when you see the guy, not when they are at y=80 and you at y =4, the current BH needs to have some changes. 

Brottweiler Player
Posted Feb 03 2018, 02:49 AM

Quote from Yoruigan:

In fact they don't need to be really "near", the bounty should update only when you see the guy, not when they are at y=80 and you at y =4, the current BH needs to have some changes. 

Maybe they saw your nametag underground? Even if you are both around y64, the player might not see you.

TalRasha Player
Posted Feb 10 2018, 01:32 PM

It's sad that you cry more than your victims :D
Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time!

Baladeur Player
Posted Mar 06 2018, 04:22 PM | Edited 1 time, last by Baladeur

Maybe they saw your nametag underground? Even if you are both around y64, the player might not see you.

The maximum height at which you can see a player name is around 40-50 blocks, unless the server has a custom view distance, but I don't recall it has. So it wans't a matter of nametag.

The thing is, right now, your coords can update even if the guy didn't see you at all, didn't know your were around etc. The coords you get thanks to the bounty are alright, the way they update is a bit overpowered though. You could litteraly put a bounty on someone then fly around all the map with elytras until their coords update, even if you're always at x=200 and the dude is deep underground. You'd never see him but still know where he is anyway.

Page 1 of 1