Server Updates » New spawn border mechanics!

1  2  > Last »
Page 1 of 2
gmxgeek Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 08:58 PM | Edited 1 time, last by gmxgeek
I've had this requested for a while, but while Combat Tag was being derpy, I didn't want to mess with it. Now that Combat Tag is behaving nicely, here we are! I wrote a plugin that makes the spawn border ( and every other protected area's border) more fair.

* You cannot hit players or mobs that are outside spawn while you are in spawn
* You can be damaged in spawn while you are combat tagged

Keep in mind that while CT'd, you can be damage by any entity. This includes other players chasing after you, some noob that just walked up, mobs, cactus, etc. It does not include fall damage. You can only hit back if the other person is under combat tag as well. If you log in spawn you will still leave an NPC that can be killed.

Here's a shitty video that shows off some of the new stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/bitdagger/b/322692954
( Pardon the quality and random skips. My broadcast software decided to slack off while I was running it, 2 minecraft clients, a minecraft server instance, and other random programs, and it dropped a lot of frames. The intro is showing how the server currently works, then I enable the plugin and show the differences. )

Clarification Edit:
Some people seem to be confused. If you are Combat Tagged, you can take damage in spawn. Just like always, if you give damage to someone, you are Combat Tagged. That's it.

If you Combat Tag someone outside spawn, and they run inside, both of you are CT'd and can still take damage. Anyone who hits either of you becomes CT'd themselves however, and will then be able to take damage as well.
ksib Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 08:59 PM | Edited 1 time, last by ksib
Yay!!! Thank you for the update! No more spawn slapping and abuse XD
Lil_Mac Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 09:04 PM
Woo! Why couldn't we have this yesterday with BH
Scatcycle Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:

Woo! Why couldn't we have this yesterday with BH

Because 5v20s aren't very fair. Thanks for the irrelevant Black Hand hate though!

Anyways, I like this, but I think it would make more sense for you to have to be tagged to hit inside spawn. But still, this is awesome for duels. Thanks gmx!
Adoxographic Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 09:12 PM | Edited 1 time, last by Adoxographic
A bunch of people already found a loophole;

Lets say Fluffy ran out of spawn and tagged DjArtifact. Fluffy sprints away, and Dj tags two of his friends to help join the chase.

This is unfair.

Edit:
EDIT: Scat, it's not irrelevant. We were fighting BH yesterday. Lots of spawn slapping..
JoeltheMole Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:

Lets say Fluffy ran out of spawn and tagged DjArtifact. Fluffy sprints away, and Dj tags two of his friends to help join the chase.

This is unfair.

They don't need to be tagged to join in. Any player who is tagged can be hit by anyone inside spawn. This is how it should work.
xMopx Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 09:18 PM | Edited 4 times, last by xMopx
New Plugin Factlist:

(CT'd = combat tagged)

- PVP outside of spawn remains the same
- If you hit someone, you and they are CT'd for 10 seconds
- While CT'd you can take damage from players/mobs in or out of spawn.
- If a CT'd or Non-CT'd player hits you inside (or outside) of spawn, you and they are reset to 10 more seconds of CT
- CT wears off after 10 seconds of taking no arrow/pvp/mob damage
- Campfire works as before aside from:
- If you are under campfire and punch someone CT'd, you become vulnerable under CT

Edit:
Also, I'd like to say to those saying this is unfair:

No. It's not unfair. What is unfair is hopping in an out of spawn to gain a huge advantage in PVP. This plugin simply takes away that huge advantage.
renegon123 Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:

New Plugin Factlist:

(CT'd = combat tagged)

- PVP outside of spawn remains the same
- If you hit someone, you and they are CT'd for 10 seconds
- While CT'd you can take damage from players/mobs in or out of spawn.
- If a CT'd or Non-CT'd player hits you inside (or outside) of spawn, you and they are reset to 10 more seconds of CT
- CT wears off after 10 seconds of taking no arrow/pvp/mob damage

Edit:
Also, I'd like to say to those saying this is unfair:

No. It's not unfair. What is unfair is hopping in an out of spawn to gain a huge advantage in PVP. This plugin simply takes away that huge advantage.
I agree with mop!
Scatcycle Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:

This is unfair.

Edit:
EDIT: Scat, it's not irrelevant. We were fighting BH yesterday. Lots of spawn slapping..

My point was, keep the clan drama out of a neutral thread like this one.
djmixerbox Player
Posted Jun 25 2012, 11:42 PM
OMG DRAMA LOLOLOL

No but srs, this is a huge improvement. Just an idea, if someone gets combat tagged, what if a local message was sent out. For example, if I was spawn slapping with scatcycle and I hit him, a message would be sent out to the nearest 100 ish blocks saying "Djmixerbox has been tagged" and "Scatcycle has been tagged". It might get a little spammy, but it could help in figuring out who is and isn't combat tagged.
Scatcycle Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 12:18 AM
No, let everyone waste their sharp 5 hits testing if people are tagged xD.

Although sword hits regen after doing so, I do like the idea. Or something like a command /l /ct that tells you who in local is tagged.
Kibbles93 Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 08:13 AM
The only slightly annoying thing about this is if you're just hanging around spawn people bait you now by tagging each other and then swarming you in their little group, praying that you punch one of them on accident or on purpose. So like I'm just trying to stand in spawn and I have 5 people tagged circle jerking around me, it's just dandy.

And of course this isn't the plugins fault, I love the new plugin.
xHippo Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 08:52 AM
THIS JUST IN! Half of Black Hand ragequits the server because they can no longer hit from spawn.
Scatcycle Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

The only slightly annoying thing about this is if you're just hanging around spawn people bait you now by tagging each other and then swarming you in their little group, praying that you punch one of them on accident or on purpose. So like I'm just trying to stand in spawn and I have 5 people tagged circle jerking around me, it's just dandy.

And of course this isn't the plugins fault, I love the new plugin.

There's an easy way around this... Don't hit anyone.

Btw hippo, you haven't been able to hit from inside spawn all month because of essentials.
Random902 Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 11:44 AM
Can you update it so that players under campfire can't hurt/be hurt by tagged players?
kingjames333 Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 12:34 PM
I realllllllllyyy wish I would have read this thread this morning before I punched BroBuzz in the face with my bucket in the middle of spawn...

I was like DAFAUQ?!?!
xMopx Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 12:38 PM
Typical black hand
kingjames333 Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 12:43 PM | Edited 1 time, last by kingjames333

Quote:

Typical black hand

Was that directed at me?.... I'm not complaining about anything. I'm not even mad. I'm glad you guys fixed it...

All I was saying was that it was bad luck on my part.
Scatcycle Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 12:47 PM
Wait hitting peoole in spawn tags them?
kingjames333 Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 12:51 PM | Edited 1 time, last by kingjames333

Quote:

Yup... I was walking back into spawn, jumped off the edge to get TP'd to the middle then BroBuzz started punching me. Me obviously thinking this was a friendly greeting, punched him back. Then death.
Posted Jun 26 2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yup... I was walking back into spawn, jumped off the edge to get TP'd to the middle then BroBuzz started punching me. Me obviously thinking this was a friendly greeting, punched him back. Then death.

This basically sums up why I think the new behavior is wonky. I don't think it it's good when people tele into spawn and start getting punched by random people, and since it isn't doing anything they decide to swing back because "Hey, everyone is doing it!" and suddenly they get wiped.
tabmonkey Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 01:28 PM
It's been disabled while some "unexpected features" are being looked at. :wink:
kingjames333 Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:

It's been disabled while some "unexpected features" are being looked at.

... in that case can I get a rez?
Lil_Mac Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry :/ its about a campfire bug, I don't think you would, but hey, good luck
Scatcycle Player
Posted Jun 26 2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry :/ its about a campfire bug, I don't think you would, but hey, good luck

I believe the problem kingjames had was the "leaving spawn" underneath spawn that for some reason kept him tagged, so brobuzz could kill him. I don't think that leaving spawn under spawn glitch was intended, so the outlook of him getting rezzed is pretty high.
1  2  > Last »
Page 1 of 2