Feature Requests » Notepad command

Page 1 of 1
_Blitzkrieg Player
Posted Dec 07 2014, 07:49 AM

Hey, I'm just here to suggest something that this server could benefit from, but we might have to develope ourselves.

Basically, the idea is that you can send little messages to yourself you can view at any time, it's applications can be pretty far spread, whatever you think you can put down as a little note. Useful for players who want to keep track of co-ordinates in game w/out having to use Rei's Minimap or a 3rd party program, can use it for all sorts of things.

So, what I mean by that, is we'd have to develop a quick little plugin that has these commands -

/note create <title> <text>

/note view <title>

/note list <page>

/note edit <title> <text>

/note delete <title>

where it says title, I'm thinking when you do /note list it'll bring up like a timestamped collection of your notes like so

11/2/2014 - Base Coords

11/5/2014 - Diamond Vein

11/5/2014 - Diamond Vein 2

11/6/2014 - Spreadsheet of Mining Gains

etc etc

Hopefully I explained this well enough! :)

RubblePile Administrator
Posted Dec 07 2014, 10:18 PM

Usually I just press F3 to show my coords and press F2 to take a screenshot of whatever I'm looking at. I can look through my pictures and find where I took them.

Alternatively, you can use a map plugin like VoxelMap where you can add waypoints and record notes at particular locations.

StigAdmin Player
Posted Dec 13 2016, 08:55 PM

Yeah that would be nice. There is a GPS mod where you can create "waypoints" much like these.

Page 1 of 1