Feature Requests » Remove/Tweak epearl cooldown

Page 1 of 1
BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 01 2018, 01:55 PM
This is the SECOND time I have died in the void due to this cooldown. Could you remove it, or at least have it only enabled in combat?
Posted Jun 01 2018, 10:43 PM

Did you record it at all? That could help.

BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 02 2018, 10:29 AM

Quote from The_Bread_Pirate:

Did you record it at all? That could help.

No I didn't.
Posted Jun 02 2018, 02:52 PM

Honestly, I didn't notice there was a cooldown (mostly because I don't use ender pearls), but I agree with what you're saying. Ender pearls should have a cooldown only when you're combat logged.

BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 02 2018, 05:15 PM

Honestly, I didn't notice there was a cooldown (mostly because I don't use ender pearls), but I agree with what you're saying. Ender pearls should have a cooldown only when you're combat logged.

Or at the very least the cooldown should only apply in the overworld.
obvolvo Player
Posted Jun 03 2018, 12:59 AM

Personally, I don't mind it. It makes an over powered and easily farmable item more difficult to use. You just have to be more careful with placement and timing versus spamming them.

BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 03 2018, 01:12 AM

Quote from obvolvo:

Personally, I don't mind it. It makes an over powered and easily farmable item more difficult to use. You just have to be more careful with placement and timing versus spamming them.

Pearling onto the side of end islands?
BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 03 2018, 01:15 AM

Quote from obvolvo:

Don't you agree disabling it in the End dimension at least would fix 99% of people's grievances with the cooldown? :P
obvolvo Player
Posted Jun 03 2018, 02:24 AM

I did mean pearling onto islands as well as general use. The feature seems pretty consistent, what about it is causing you to die?

BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 03 2018, 10:25 AM

Quote from obvolvo:

I did mean pearling onto islands as well as general use. The feature seems pretty consistent, what about it is causing you to die?

Well in the last two instances it was as follows: I pearled through the end gateway back to to the main island and i thought there was a platform below me but it was an illusion/trap which I could have corrected with another pearl but I got cooldown'd And the second time I attempted to pearl onto an island but accidentally hit the side of it, which I could've saved myself from had it not been for the cooldown
obvolvo Player
Posted Jun 04 2018, 03:23 AM

Hmm, well it's definitely worth thinking about. Thanks for bringing it up again.

For other players following this thread, if you feel a certain way about this you should chime in.

Posted Jun 04 2018, 12:51 PM

I think it's a good idea. But if a player wants to, then they can take advantage of this "suggested system" by enderpearling away from fights before they start. No idea how anyone feels about that.

BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 04 2018, 03:28 PM

I think it's a good idea. But if a player wants to, then they can take advantage of this "suggested system" by enderpearling away from fights before they start. No idea how anyone feels about that.

This could be minimised by restricting the cooldown, by only having it in the nether and overworld.
Page 1 of 1