General Announcements » SPAWN CONTEST FOR JULY 2018 MAP

Page 1 of 1
Fairlane57 Administrator
Posted Jun 04 2018, 08:26 PM

Hey everyone! It's that time again! We're gearing up for a new map in July, so we're starting another spawn design competition for the new spawn.

Just like in the past, submit your spawn designs as a file download in a WorldEdit schematic or the world save file, along with some images of the spawn.

New this time, we would like Nether Spawn submissions! They can go with the overworld spawn submission or be submitted separately. 

We'll accept submissions until June 21th at 6PM Eastern time, and then we'll put all entries to a community vote.

Winner of the overworld spawn gets two free revives, and the runner up gets one free revive! Winner of the nether spawn gets 1 free revive (no runner up)!

Here are some guidelines for making the spawn:

Total overworld spawn area is 100x100 - your build should fit within this.
Total Nether spawn area is also 100x100 (yes we would like you to include a nether spawn)
Lots of redstone is bad.
Be sure to include nether portal(s) inside spawn
No enderchests, anvils, enchanting tables, etc.
Admins will need to add signs for new players - take this into account!
Paths or symmetry with exits in the four cardinal directions is ideal.
Please DO NOT submit designs using 1.13 or related snapshot because they may break in the new (1.12) map and will be disqualified.

If your spawn doesn't win this map, you can always submit it for another! If we use your spawn submission on a different map you will receive two free revives.

Also remember that some adjustments may need to be made by admins if your spawn is accepted. By submitting your designs you are giving us permission to modify them as needed and use them in future maps or builds as we see fit.

Good luck!
Your Admin Team

Posted Jun 04 2018, 08:57 PM

I'm not usually one to build spawns and such, but maybe I'll get it. 

BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 05 2018, 06:58 AM
Wait so the new map will be 1.12? Yes!
Fairlane57 Administrator
Posted Jun 06 2018, 04:18 AM

We do not think 1.13 will be released by July, so we want builds based on the current version. We will upgrade to 1.13 when it is released or shortly thereafter.

BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 06 2018, 07:05 AM

Quote from Fairlane57:

We do not think 1.13 will be released by July, so we want builds based on the current version. We will upgrade to 1.13 when it is released or shortly thereafter.

Nooooo
Posted Jun 06 2018, 07:20 PM

Quote from BrothyYT:

Quote from Fairlane57:

Nooooo

Chill out. Jeesh. The update's pretty good. Besides, the people at Mojang already have the next three updates planned out so we're going to update one time or another.

nuageur Player
Posted Jun 18 2018, 01:44 PM | Edited 1 time, last by nuageur

Someone proposed a spawn ?

Posted Jun 21 2018, 08:53 PM

World Map Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u8vqjbpy55iigdj/AAB2Or_6NgC43oJf5gcRxJSca?dl=0
Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1dp7rmfuqztaxmd/AADEXhTUfFYIQ3AkBaKh7HEWa?dl=0

I made a garden like spawn with four large trees surrounding it as well as a wall like structure with fire spires surrounding it. I made sure to hide plently of secrets for players to explore, the world however being a flatland was challenging to build underground secrets so moving the whole chunk may be the only option for the overworld spawn. The Nether spawn was built within the nether and also built very basic with fortress like bridges and a couple small visual secrets which hide in the least likely of places. Best of luck to the other contestants and may the best spawn win.

Cheid Player
Posted Jun 22 2018, 04:52 PM

https://imgur.com/a/yEmHmHS

https://ufile.io/cvjqy

I apologize for being late, I was away all day yesterday and didn't have a chance to upload it before the deadline. i did manage to send it to an admin two days ago, but i guess that was not the proper way.

I built a floating island that's tethered to the mainland with thick rope that had become overgrown over time. that is also a secret or two hidden in the spawn. 

Good luck all!

nuageur Player
Posted Jun 23 2018, 06:43 AM

Vote Cheid

+1

BrothyYT Player
Posted Jun 23 2018, 10:20 AM
Chied +1
Medoria Player
Posted Jun 25 2018, 08:33 PM

They both look cool, good luck to you guys :)  

daislost Player
Posted Jun 26 2018, 12:58 AM

Is this the voting page? +1 cheid

hard choice, both are neat

nuageur Player
Posted Jun 26 2018, 07:18 AM

Yes ;)

Page 1 of 1