Server Updates » Tired of switching between irc and Minecraft?

Page 1 of 1
gmxgeek Player
Posted Jun 09 2012, 11:35 AM
I decided to work on a project that has been requested off and on pretty much since the server started: The ability for the gameserver chat and IRC chat to talk to each other. There's few things to take note of about this new feature.

* It's entirely optional in-game.
* To join the discussion, type /ch IRC in game.
* You must do this manually, you won't autojoin
* You can leave the channel at any time
* Only text in the IRC herochat channel is sent to the #hcsmp IRC channel
* Text from the #hcsmp IRC channel is only sent to the IRC herochat channel
* To reiterate, global chat is not sent, nor are private channels. Only the IRC herochat channel

* Admins can disable the bot from in-game at any time using the /ircbot disable command
* Ops can kick the bot from the IRC to disable it without going in-game
* Admins can re-enable the bot by using the command /ircbot reload
* Admins can issue IRC commands as the bot using the "/ircbot command" command, followed by a command

It is currently set to follow the normal IRC channel #hcsmp, but we can move it to a different channel if it gets too spammy.
djmixerbox Player
Posted Jun 09 2012, 12:41 PM
Awmagawd. This is amazing, probably one of the coolest things ever added to the server IMO. Mother my children, gmx.
Posted Jun 09 2012, 01:48 PM
Yes yes yes.
renegon123 Player
Posted Jun 09 2012, 03:06 PM
I think roxbot had this before
gmxgeek Player
Posted Jun 09 2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:

I think roxbot had this before

Lots of other servers have. What is your point?
InsaneAvenger Player
Posted Jun 09 2012, 05:28 PM | Edited 1 time, last by InsaneAvenger
Might be handy to have a feature where if someone says your name in IRC, it will highlight that sentence for you - sort of like an IRC ping.
Lewbot Player
Posted Jun 09 2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:

Might be handy to have a feature where if someone says your name in IRC, it will highlight that sentence for you - sort of like an IRC ping.

That would probably be more of a client side mod I'd imagine.
gmxgeek Player
Posted Jun 09 2012, 05:35 PM
Highlight it how?
InsaneAvenger Player
Posted Jun 09 2012, 05:47 PM | Edited 1 time, last by InsaneAvenger
Not sure how exactly, but I'm pretty sure the nerd.nu servers have this kind of thing for their global channel. Like if someone says your name, your name turns up yellow.
hawtre Administrator
Posted Jun 10 2012, 08:09 AM
For mIRC users - disable your highlights and load this (press alt+r, paste in box) so that you don't get pinged in #hcsmp when talking in the in-game IRC channel.
http://pastebin.com/HmJv4giD
Page 1 of 1