General Announcements » We're updating to 1.6.2 tonight!

Page 1 of 1
ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jul 09 2013, 01:45 PM

We're taking the server down for roughly 30 minutes tonight at 10PM Eastern. At around 10:30PM Eastern the server will come back up and we'll be on 1.6.2.

Here's a few quick notes on this update and what it means for HCSMP:

• Horses!

• 1.6 items in strongholds and dungeon chests.

• Nether expanded to -/+ 7k.

• Crop growth nerfed a bit to be closer to vanilla.

• Hostile mob spawning increased a bit. Deserts at night are dangerous once again.

Even though our map was generated in 1.5.2, horse armor will appear in stronghold and dungeon chests that have not been raided. This is due to the excellent work of cbarber who has written a custom plugin to handle this on HCSMP. If it were not for him we may have had a lot of downtime or a "temp" map for the 1.6 transition, so thank him if you come across him in game. :)

The crop and mob tweaks were made to make the game a little bit more "hardcore". We've heard far too many people talk about the lack of mobs at night, especially in deserts, so we've made this change to handle that.

Thanks for your patience so far!

J0E Player
Posted Jul 09 2013, 03:34 PM | Edited 2 times, last by J0E

This makes me so happy.  My fleet of battle horses are coming.

THANKS FOR YOUR PLUGIN CBARBER

ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jul 09 2013, 09:59 PM

Just a quick update: We're having an issue with one of our plugins, so we're pushing the update tentatively to 11:00PM. I'll update further as I can.

ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jul 09 2013, 10:30 PM

Update: Still an issue with chests. cbarber is gonna work on a fix. We might have to delay until tomorrow. Will update when we have more info.

ocelotpotpie Player
Posted Jul 10 2013, 12:40 AM

Update complete! Enjoy!

Page 1 of 1