You have one life... Live it well...
January map, Death ban LengthJan 01, 01:40 AM by RubblePile
The map has been reset for January. Borders remain at +-4000.
Also note that death bans will reset on Jan. 16th, 2015. We're trying out a half-month ban so if you die, come back a bit earlier in the month and you can play in the main world again.
Good luck everybody!
January 2015 Spawn CompetitionDec 14, 11:02 PM by RubblePile
As you may know we will be resetting the map for January 2015, so we're holding a spawn contest again. If you'd like to enter, post either a download of the world edit schematic or the world save in this thread accompanied by some images of the spawn by 6:00 PM Eastern Time on 28th December 2014. We will then start a community vote and the spawn with the most votes will be used as the spawn for the duration of the January map. We will also be giving away two free lives to the winner and one free life to the runner up! (If a team of builders wins then only one of the team may redeem the life.)
- Remember the spawn area is 400*400 so your spawn shouldn't be bigger than this. Most spawns don't get anywhere near this big though.
- Try and give your spawn exits in each of the 4 directions and don't give a bias to one particular direction.
- There should be a portal (or portals) somewhere within the spawn.
- Leave space for the admins to add signs with the rules in a place visible immediately from the spawn point.
- Don't use excessive redstone.
- Don't have any "cheaty" blocks like anvils or enchanting tables in your build. Crafting tables are fine.
- Build whatever you like but remember that admins reserve the right to make any changes to your spawn they deem necessary if it wins the competition.
- If your spawn doesn't win but still gets plenty of votes then you're welcome to enter it into the next map's competiton. We also reserve the right to use any of the spawns submitted at a future date.
Death Bans have been reset for DecemberDec 09, 09:12 PM by RubblePile
Good Luck everybody!
Death Bans have been reset for NovemberOct 31, 08:26 PM by RubblePile
Minecraft 1.8 is now required to connect to HCSMP. You'll also see some 1.8-specific features. Good Luck everybody!
We are changing host, expect some downtime today.Aug 25, 01:57 PM by hawtre
Quoted from http://redd.it/2ejhyb
We are changing hosts from Secured Servers to OVH, in order to get more bang for your bucks. The server will be hosted in France, as the options were France and Canada, and the Canadian data centre has no availability for the specific offer we went for. Hopefully this will resolve some lag issues we have been having, and provide us with a more powerful setup. The teamspeak, server and website will go down, but we aim to have everything up and running again today, depending on the OVH setup time.