You have one life... Live it well...
We are changing host, expect some downtime today.Aug 25, 01:57 PM by hawtre
Quoted from http://redd.it/2ejhyb
We are changing hosts from Secured Servers to OVH, in order to get more bang for your bucks. The server will be hosted in France, as the options were France and Canada, and the Canadian data centre has no availability for the specific offer we went for. Hopefully this will resolve some lag issues we have been having, and provide us with a more powerful setup. The teamspeak, server and website will go down, but we aim to have everything up and running again today, depending on the OVH setup time.
Death bans have been reset for AugustJul 31, 07:17 PM by RubblePile
As of Midnight UTC+1 on Aug 1st, deathbans were reset. Since we're in the midst of summer slaughter, revival donations will now cost only $2, and you can donate to revive a player up to two times this month.Happy surviving!
Spawn compeition winner ktdngJun 28, 06:01 PM by RubblePile
As the sole entry to the July map spawn competition, a vote will not be held and ktdng is the uncontested winner.
Thanks for your entry, it looks awesome!
July Spawn CompetitionJun 20, 03:02 PM by RubblePile
As you may know we will be resetting the map for July, so we're holding a spawn contest again. If you'd like to enter, post either a download of the world edit schematic or the world save in this thread accompanied by some images of the spawn by 6:00 PM Eastern Time on 28th June 2014. We will then start a community vote and the spawn with the most votes will be used as the spawn for the duration of the July map. We will also be giving away two free lives to the winner and one free life to the runner up! (If a team of builders wins then only one of the team may redeem the life.)
- Remember the spawn area is 400*400 so your spawn shouldn't be bigger than this. Most spawns don't get anywhere near this big though.
- Try and give your spawn exits in each of the 4 directions and don't give a bias to one particular direction.
- There should be a portal (or portals) somewhere within the spawn.
- Leave space for the admins to add signs with the rules in a place visible immediately from the spawn point.
- Don't use excessive redstone.
- Don't have any "cheaty" blocks like anvils or enchanting tables in your build. Crafting tables are fine.
- Build whatever you like but remember that admins reserve the right to make any changes to your spawn they deem necessary if it wins the competition.
- If your spawn doesn't win but still gets plenty of votes then you're welcome to enter it into the next map's competiton. We also reserve the right to use any of the spawns submitted at a future date.
Deathbans have been reset for June! - & new staff!Jun 04, 06:44 PM by hawtre
Around midnight UTC on 31st May, deathbans were reset, as is the norm. This also marked the end of our popular 'donate what you want' month. Far more players took advantage of thier 2nd 'buyable' life in May, which is great, even if we didn't get a cent of the $0.15 donations due to Paypal transaction fees. Revival donations will now cost the normal amount of $5, and can still only be donated for once per month per player.
Recently, as you may have seen, motku and RastaSh33p were promoted to moderator, which they both greatly deserve, so say congrats next time you see them!
Further to this, the moderator kTdnG has accepted an invitation to become an administrator, and will be helping with ban appeals, forum requests, wiki updating as well as banning cheaters. Give him a big congrats next time you see him!
note - the account kTdnG is now in creative mode, and will no longer play on hcsmp. Jos may choose to play with a private or public alt account, as is the right of an administrator.
June is the final month of the current map, so pull out all the stops to finish your builds or rack up your killcounts before we have a full map reset for July 1st.